Thursday, March 15, 2007

Nobody Runs in Queens


On Tuesday, I visited my mom to be fed and because the next morning I had booked a gig in the vicinity. To be exact, I was picked out of many many qualified literate people to read stories to my mom's pre-k class. Needless to say, it was fun, yet exhausting. Those 4 yr olds can play with blocks like you don't even know! The night before I decided to run through my old hood and to my surprise, I did not encounter a single running soul in my 25 minute run - not a one! I ran in shorts for the first time this year and man did it feel good. I also had it with my video iPod and decided that it just doesn't cut it for running - I bought a used shuffle the next day. The run felt good and quick. I ran thinking about the steak and potatoes that were waiting for me back at mom's and that made the last mile fly. Not bad for a lazy Monday night.

Miles ran: 3
Steaks consumed: 1
New friends made: 17 pre-k kids

No comments: