Wednesday, May 30, 2007

You See LA



Whatup homies? It's been a couple of weeks, so here goes. I am officially in the freakin' state of California. I'll be in LA until Friday afternoon, then off to San Diego where I do that whole marathon thing. Now is the time to send the good thoughts, encouraging emails, awesome text messages, funny notes, etc etc. Although I feel confident and ready to do this, I must admit I am somewhat nervous. It's been ten days since my longest run ever of over 20 miles in the trails of southern Jersey. I ran 6 on Sunday in the gross heat in Central Park and now it's just "chillin time." Very little running, lots of resting. Lots of pasta and carbs, little to no booze, sleep and water, lots of it. I will try to hit up Santa Monica tomorrow and hopefully work on my tan. One thing I definitely need to work off is the In N Out I had for dinner! My god, that place is amazing! First time too.

So kids, to reiterate, I'm in Cali and I'm feeling good. By about 10:30 Sunday morning PST, yours truly will be able to call himself a "marathoner." I like the sound of that - you?

Love,
John

ps: My proof's above - I visited UCLA today. What a beautiful campus, almost bucolic. I'm guessing...lots'o rich kids. Like Cali's NYU perhaps?
pps: The problems with the environment I now officially claim begin and end here. You don't even want to know how many single person occupancy cars I saw today. That's not American, just simply pathetic. Freakin' car pool, people!

No comments: