Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Gratitude & Stuff

I want to thank all of you who came out to my party fundraiser last week. I was touched by all of the support both monetary and moral. I really cannot say enough about it. A very special shoutout goes to Adrien Gallo, owner of Double Happiness on Mott Street. Adrien donated all of the alcohol, thereby making 100% of the $20 cover go straight to the charity. Big Ups to AG and don't forget to go back there, or Palais Royale which is just upstairs - two dope spots.

Because of your support, I was able to raise over $1,000 for The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society and am happy to report that I will be surpassing my goal very soon. This is not to say that contributions aren't still welcome; of course they are, even up to a week or so after the marathon.

Speaking of which, the marathon is just about two weeks away. I'm getting a little nervous which is expected, but I feel confident. I had had this ridiculous idea of breaking four hours, but this being my first ever marathon and having issues with my right foot, I will be happy to just finish. Obviously, if I'm feeling good on race day, I'll toy with the idea of a goal time.

Saturday at 7am (God!), I'm off to boondocks Jersey to some state park for what will be my last long run before the big one in San Diego. I'm aiming for 20 miles. If that sounds terrible, it's because it kind of is. Only nice part is that it'll be on grass which is kind on the knees. Oh yeah, and we have a picnic following. I plan on retiring to my apartment that afternoon where I will cry and shudder whilst popping Aleve like pez - my only comfort will be watching my Mets take care of those Bronx guys - it's on!

I'm off to Cali on the 29th spending three days in la la land because that's how I role and then training it down to San Diego. 2 days of chilling and worrying in SD and then on Sunday, June 3rd I do what 3 months ago I never thought possible. I run a marathon and you'll all be there with me. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

ps: Anyone know anything about Saint Diego? He must have done something pretty awesome to get a gorgeous city named after him. In Argentina, San Diego would be none other than Diego Maradona, el 10.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Didacus_of_Alcal%C3%A1

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS ON FINISHING (THE SWEET FINISH LINE PIC IS EXTRA BONUS) I AM REALLY GLAD TO HAVE MET YOU AND RUN MOST OF MY FIRST MARATHON ALONGSIDE YOU. KEEP IN TOUCH, CHEERS!